Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Welcome to My Blog!

Greetings and Welcome to the Women in Public Service Project


                                    Photo credit: http://www.smith.edu/wpsp/opening-ceremony/


If you are reading this, it means that you have found my blog, which is about the Women in Public Service Project Institute: Reconstructing Societies in the Wake of Conflict - Transitional Justice and Economic Development. I am a Student Ambassador representing Simmons College and I have decided that it is important to record my experience in working with such incredibly talented women for the next few weeks.

To start off, I will give you a brief background on myself. I am a rising sophomore at Simmons College studying Communications with a concentration in public relations and marketing communications. I entered Simmons believing I would major in journalism because of my love for writing but I changed gears when I realized that I could put my analysis skills of literature to use in the public relations field.

Since I came to Simmons, I have realized that I can be a leader. Being a part of this institute is very important to me because I am learning about other leadership styles while developing my own. I am indeed the youngest Student Ambassador out of the 12 students from Smith College, Mount Holyoke College and of course Simmons College.


I have been assigned five delegates and I could not be more happy to be their Student Ambassador. I have helped other delegates as well in many different ways, from troubleshooting their computer problems, helping them into their rooms to, for many of the women, welcoming them to Boston for the first time. Prarthana, from Mount Holyoke College, worked with me to meet and greet the first two batches of delegates in the airport, which was an amazing experience. These women are so accomplished and have so much passion in their hearts for justice. They are compassionate and I feel so blessed to work with them.

Among the other Student Ambassadors, I feel like there is a sisterhood that has formed. We work very well together and even thought we come from different colleges, four from each college, we come together seamlessly. I feel very honored to work with each and every one of them.

Stay tuned. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment